The financial industry is always changing, and it’s the responsibility of credit unions to provide the best products and services for their members. The ignite initiative provides current and emerging Indiana credit union leaders an opportunity to work together to enhance the success of Hoosier credit unions.
Apply for ignite 2016
Applications for the next class of ignite will be accepted until Sept. 18, 2015. Submissions must include answers to two essay questions and two letters of recommendation.
Founded by a Leadership Team that includes FORUM CU’s Doug True and Purdue FCU’s Bob Falk who are both featured on this informational video, ignite has had a strong track record of achievements throughout its short history. Watch the video above to learn more.
One of the many benefits to ignite is the freedom to create an innovation for credit unions to help them address challenges they may be facing. The ignite initiative is designed to teach the next generation of credit union leaders to think strategically and to gain valuable experience in several areas through teamwork and project development. To get an idea of the previous innovations past igniters have created, click here.
What can participants expect from ignite?
· Two-year program where participants will learn about the different aspects of the credit union industry
· Networking opportunities with like-minded credit union individuals from across the state
· Building teamwork and collaboration skills by developing a credit union innovation
· Hands-on project management and activities that will enhance participants’ potential as future leaders at their credit unions.
· Complimentary registration at the League’s Annual Convention and access to other educational events that offer the opportunity to hear from leaders inside and outside the credit union industry on timely topics.
ignite has evolved since it was founded in 2007. Some newly added elements of the program include:
· Problem solving through a comprehensive case study
· Structured professional development in areas such as analysis, presentation skills, strategic thinking, project management and more.
· A year-round schedule of activity for participants.
· A new approach to mentoring that includes working with ignite alumni.
Who should apply?
· “Emerging leaders” who represent the next generation of Indiana’s credit union leadership.
· Anyone who is interested in exploring and implementing new ideas to enhance credit union success
If ignite sounds like something you would like to participate in, we would like to invite you to download and complete an application to be considered for the next round of igniters.
5975 Castle Creek Parkway North Drive, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46250
(317) 594-5300• (317) 285-5300
Craig Dauksas, ext. 5333
Joe Guilfoy, ext. 5313
Kay Neidlinger, ext. 5343
(317) 594-5301 • (800) 285-5301