- Understand how underwriting is uniquely for different types of consumer loans
- Discover how to “do your homework”—you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to underwrite the loan
- Follow this widely accepted guideline for making loans
- Put the “Know Thy Borrower” commandment into practice and increase your workable loans
- The most troublesome words in lending, and what to do if you hear them from the member
- The “best-of-the-best” practices from top CU’s and how they underwrite their loans
- When it’s okay to bend the “rules” to make a loan, and how to know if the member will pay
- A refreshing overview of how to make good loans quickly
- Avoid these common blunders when making loans
- How to construct a loan that is win – win: the member wins and the CU wins
- Tough but necessary questions to ask when you are on the fence with a loan
- BONUS: A handy “FREE” tool to help you sell more loans
The educational investment is $195 per person (Small CU discount applies.)
Registration deadline: April 12, 2013
Rory Rowland is a business consultant and dynamic seminar leader specializing in programs for financial institutions and banks on lending, technology, leadership, and communications skills. After serving as president of two financial institutions in Missouri, Rory began using his communications skills and specialized background to help financial and business organizations become more effective. Rory has presented his high energy, fun and humorous programs in all 50 states over the past 10 years as well as Canada and Mexico Rory is continually one of the most highly rated speakers at state and national associations throughout the country. He holds an MBA in Finance and a BS degree in Economics.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for credit union staff, lending or management, and those responsible for lending activity in their credit union.
Agenda (all times shown are local time)
9 – 9:30 a.m. Registration and refreshments
9 a.m. – Noon Morning seminar
Noon – 12:45 p.m. Group luncheon
12:45 – 4 p.m. Afternoon seminar
4 p.m. Adjourn
REGISTRATIONS CANCELLED LESS THAN FIVE WORKING DAYS BEFORE THE SESSION DATE WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 50 PERCENT CANCELLATION FEE.
IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY REQUIRING SPECIAL SERVICES, CONTACT KIM SETTLES AT (800) 285-5300, EXT. 5341, OR (317) 594-5341 PRIOR TO THE SESSION.
Please share this information as appropriate in your credit union. If there are others at your credit union who would like to be added to the list to receive information about the League's upcoming education sessions, please reply to this email.