This session is geared toward front-line tellers, member service representatives and their supervisors. The session will include regulatory requirements and discussion on risks, scams and how staff can help prevent deposit-side fraud or losses.
Topics that will be covered:
• Reg CC – check account disclosures and check hold time frames
• Reg E, cardholder liability and error resolution procedures
• Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering & OFAC requirements
• Identity Theft and Address Change
• An overview and discussion of deposit account ownership, authorized users/agents and beneficiaries as it relates to:
º Individual and multiple-party accounts
º Uniform transfer to minor acts
º Representative payee accounts
º Guardianships and POA
• Handling of deceased member accounts
• Evaluating the risk for certain transactions and individuals
• Fraud scams and prevention discussion
The educational investment is $160 per person. Small credit union discount applies!
Registration deadline for Evansville: October 21, 2013
David Hawkins is Senior Consultant - Director of Regulatory Analysis at the Indiana Credit Union League. He has been with the League since 1987. Before joining the consulting department, Dave was the legislative and regulatory specialist in the Governmental Affairs department where he helped ensure favorable legislation for credit unions and became a specialist in regulations and laws affecting credit unions’ operations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This session is geared toward front-line tellers, member service representatives and their supervisors.
AGENDA (all times shown are local time)
8:30 – 9 a.m. Registration & refreshments
9 a.m. – Noon Seminar begins
Noon – 1 p.m. Group Luncheon
1 – 3:30 p.m. Seminar continues
REGISTRATIONS CANCELLED LESS THAN FIVE WORKING DAYS BEFORE THE SESSION DATE WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 50 PERCENT CANCELLATION FEE.
IF YOU HAVE A DISABILITY REQUIRING SPECIAL SERVICES, CONTACT KIM SETTLES AT (800) 285-5300, EXT. 5341, OR (317) 594-5341 PRIOR TO THE SESSION.