A $200 million credit union is seeking an experienced financial professional to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer. Reporting directly to the President/CEO, this individual will direct and manage all practices and activities in the Finance and Accounting functions to ensure compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Directly or through subordinates, oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of the credit union to include: ALM, AP, AR, budgets, GL, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, investments, and taxes.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures for the Accounting/Finance Department. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Present monthly reports to the board of directors as necessary. Coordinate and set agenda for all ALM meetings and provide documented minutes thereof.
- Determine deposit and loan rates.
- Provide guidance regarding investment decisions.
- Hold regular staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union information.
- Assist with lease negotiations and major purchasing decisions for capital equipment or other capital asset expenditures.
- Provide direction for planning model runs and work directly with outside brokers and ALM reporting providers.
- Assist in analysis of potential new branch sites, closing of existing branches and potential merger opportunities.
- Serve as the credit union’s liaison with regulatory agency examiners and outside auditors.
As a member of the Executive Leadership Committee of the credit union the incumbent will be part of the strategic planning process while contributing and soliciting input from various credit union departments. The incumbent must have excellent communication skills and be able to generate and provide new ideas while bringing a positive and innovative perspective to the organization. Five to ten years of similar or related experience is required preferably in a credit union environment. An undergraduate degree is expected with an MBA/CPA designation a plus.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with background and experience.
For confidential consideration, please forward resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Job opportunities listed on this site are in a credit union or related organization. If you are interested in a posted job, respond directly using the information provided. If you have questions, contact Lynley Chapin at the Indiana Credit Union League at (317) 594-5300 or (800) 285-5300. The Indiana Credit Union League acts as a clearinghouse for this listing and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description.