POSITION TITLE: Chief Information Officer
PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to fulfill our vision of inspiring financial wellness. The position must deliver high quality service to both internal and external members by supporting and promoting our values to Care, Listen, Learn, Solve, and Act.
The CIO working under the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors, develops with leadership, the Information Systems, Security and Technology strategy for the credit union. The CIO will ensure the development of strategies that align with the focus of Enablement, Innovation and Service. The CIO leads, manages and holds accountable the Information Security (IS), Infrastructure, Core Services / Development and Information Technology (IT) Operations teams for achieving credit union objectives.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long term objectives
- Acts as a role model within and outside Financial Center
- Strong partnering approach with a commitment to meeting internal and external business partners' unique needs and expectations
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures
- Understands the business of the Credit Union; leads the Management of Information Systems (MIS) staff to developing systems which provide an Exceptional Member Experience
- Develop each employee to their highest potential by identifying their areas for improvement and appropriately coaching, training or correcting the employees’ performance
- Recognize employees who perform at a high level
- Hold employees accountable for their performance, attitude and behavior
- Meet with each employee monthly to review previous month’s performance, set goals for upcoming month’s performance and develop plans to improve employee’s performance
- Establish an annual business plan for IT departments consistent with corporate objectives and in alignment with corporate financial goals
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates technological programs of the Credit Union to assure objectives are attained, plans fulfilled, and members and staff needs are met
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IS/IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing and in-house development
- Develop, track and control the information technology annual budget
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IS/IT industry, including current pricing on appropriate solutions. Advise, counsel and educate executives and management on the financial impact
- Ensures proper internal controls in all technology related areas, including maintaining compliance with the FFIEC Cybersecurity standards and GLBA technology requirements.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures
- Generate performance statistics, which provide an accurate, complete, and understandable picture of technological products/service and allows for quick identification of problem areas
- Understand all IS products/services available for company use with enough depth so they can be applied properly to support company needs effectively and efficiently
- Direct development and execution of an effective Business Continuity Plan for all activities of the IS/IT Department. Actively participate in enterprise-wide Business Continuity Planning
- Develops positive peer relationships that may include managers of other credit unions, credit union organizations and societies
- Attends credit union conferences, conventions, seminars and other educational meetings, as appropriate
- Participates in relevant local, regional, and national user groups
- Interacts with credit union vendors and business partners. Analyze vendor data and service levels for compliance with contractual requirements. Negotiate timely, favorable contractual terms with existing and potential vendors
- Coordinates the Board Technology Committee. Prepare committee packets, including the agenda, and all relevant supporting data
- Board meeting attendance and participation in Board/Management planning sessions may be required
- Prepares various reports as requested for management and the board
- Oversees interactions with regulatory examiners and internal auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent educational experience, in management and/or a field of computer science
- At least 8-10 years of experience in a senior-level position
- Experience in moderate to difficult project management
- At least 3 years managing budgetary resources.
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment to achieve common goals for the department and Credit Union
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work requires physical mobility within the work area and minimal travel locally and infrequently to other areas within the United States. Work is performed in an office or meeting room environment but requires frequent hands-on involvement throughout the entire Credit Union area of responsibility to include all offices of Headquarters and all branch locations.
To apply for this position, please view our open positions at; https://www.fcfcu.com/about-us/careers
Applicants will be contacted by email for interviews.
Job opportunities listed on this site are in a credit union or related organization. If you are interested in a posted job, respond directly using the information provided. If you have questions, contact Lynley Chapin at the Indiana Credit Union League at (317) 594-5300 or (800) 285-5300. The Indiana Credit Union League acts as a clearinghouse for this listing and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the description.