Position Summary: Via Credit Union is seeking an experienced Vice President of Business Lending who is responsible for serving as the strategic leader overseeing the activities and operations of the Business Lending Department and is responsible for leading the team to develop and maintain effective strategies as well as implementing and researching new programs that increase loan growth. This position will monitor lending trends and market conditions, maintain accurate, efficient and safe management of the loan portfolio, maintain client relationships and actively seek additional opportunities. Acts as Participation Liaison with CBS and is the primary point of contact for communicating with CBS.
Scheduled hours are Monday - Friday, unless otherwise specified.
Candidate Tip: Add "apps.bamboohr.com" to your email contact list so you make sure to receive emails regarding your application.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, implement and monitor adherence to the credit union’s business lending policies and strategy; leads activities related to new product development, product implementation and risk assessment, with respect to business lending programs.
- Maximize portfolio growth through effective planning, development, and implementation of lending strategies.
- Promote Via Credit Union’s business services to existing and potential members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Via Credit Union’s business loan products and services. Inform members of our business loan products and recommend appropriate products to meet the member’s financial needs
- Generate business loan applications to increase the business loan portfolio
- Collect credit and financial documentation and assess the member’s needs
- Attend networking functions to increase the community’s awareness of business services offered by Via Credit Union in field of membership counties
- Acts as Participation Liaison with CBS and is the primary point of contact for communicating with CBS
- Complete the loan section of quarterly NCUA 5300 report
- Prepare and analyze business lending reports as necessary
- Monitor business trends and make recommendations based on trends
- Adhere to all Via Credit Union business lending policies and procedures
- Utilize needed software to ensure efficient member service
- Assist departmental staff as needed to gather financials for loan portfolio
- Responsible to train and mentor departmental staff
- Review and approve all loan application presentations to the BLC (Business Loan Committee)
- Work closely with vendors as needed to ensure efficient member
- Cooperate with NCUA examiners and outside auditors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- An equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience may be considered.
- Five (5) or more years related experience in a high-level lending position
- Regulatory knowledge sufficient to insure Via Credit Union operates in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of lending regulations and guidelines
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Previous relationship building sales experience and supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to get work accomplished through others in a cooperative atmosphere
- Strong business acumen including basic understanding of business returns and financials
- Demonstrated advanced level of customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills on software such as Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience on Symitar core processing system is preferred.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and must be insurable
- Demonstrate and consistently model the ViaCU brand based on the mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accept responsibility and be accountable for your actions.
- Demonstrate ability to take care of the members’ needs while following company procedures
- Demonstrate and model strong interpersonal skills, maintain a positive and respective attitude.
- The ability to formulate sound decisions using the available information.
- Act as a role model within and outside of the department.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, and demonstrating the ability to handle sensitive matters.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes.
- Communicate regularly with department head about issues.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management, ability to work independently and prioritize work and complete within given deadlines.
Health, Life & Disability Coverage
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision (employer co-pay)
- Prescription Drug Plan included in the medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Program included in the medical insurance
- Flexible Spending Account – Dependent Care & Unreimbursed Medical
- Basic Life Insurance (employer paid)
- Voluntary Life & AD&D
- Long Term Disability (employer paid)
- Travel AD&D (employer paid
Paid Time Off
- Sick: 72 hours annually
- Unused hours rolled over to a Sick Bank
- Personal: 16 hours annually
- Free Saturday (after 1 year)
- Holidays: 9 paid holidays
- Community Service Day: Employer paid
- Bereavement Pay
Financial & Retirement Planning
- Competitive Pay
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Incentive Pay: Some positions qualify for incentive pay
- Safe Harbor Non-Elective (employer paid)
- Elective Deferral: Employee contribution, minimum of 1%
- Company Match: Employer contribution, dollar for dollar, up to 3% of annual compensation
- Discretionary Profit Sharing
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Occasionally: Stand, Reach above Shoulder, Squat or Kneel, Bend, Lift/Carry and Push/Pull 11 -100 lbs
Frequently: Walk, Climb, Reach Outward, Bend, Lift/Carry and/or Push/Pull 11-20 lbs
Constantly: Sit, Reach Outward, Manually Manipulate, Visual Accuity, Talk, Hear/Listen, Lift/Carry 10 lbs or less, Push/Pull 12 lbs or less
Not Applicable: Crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in a fast paced, stressful environment. Some outside environmental conditions, especially while traveling to meetings, training, or meeting with members. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Full Details and an application link are available here